DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE
NAME OF THE PROGRAM: I B.Sc SEMISTER-I
NAME OF THE COURSE: The English Turf
No. of Credits & Course Type: 3& CBCS
- To make students use perfect grammar introducing basic concepts of English grammar and to improve good usage of vocabulary for the learners.
- To impart language skills, inculcate values and critical thinking amongst the learners by introducing the concepts of interpersonal skills.
- To improve Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing and understanding skills of English language through prose and poetry.
- To create awareness on linguistic terms and to give inbuilt potential to meet the diverse language needs.
NAME OF THE COURSE: SANSKRIT
No. of Credits &CourseType: 5 & CC2A
- Student may know how to elect a leader, and get acquainted with leadership qualities. The lesson “MudhabishekthumVaradhaThamarvasi” discusses on the above aspects.
- Student can easily understand about the nature. The Mountains of India are one of the wonders in the world by this lesson. This lesson is an example to the writing skill of Mahakavi “KALIDAS”.
- To equip the students to learn about sincerity and morality. The lesson “Dharmabadhodovaarikaa” reveals about the sincerity of a gate keeper (Dharmapalaka).It also reveals about the good behavior of gate keeper.
- To help students understand that every person should be thankful to other in daily life by this lesson. The lesson “KruthagneyNaasthiNishkruthi” is taken from “Panchathantram”.
- To help students learn about the Sandhi and Shabdha essentially. Sandhi and Shabdha are main items in grammar in any language.
NAME OF THE COURSE: ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
No. of Credits: 2
- Students feel responsible for being a human being.
- Student shows interest about water conservation, rainwater harvesting.
- Draws information about pollution, global warming, ozone layer depletion.
- Draws information about Human rights.
- Field study makes students more responsible about disaster management.
NAME OF THE COURSE :Differential and Integral calculus
COURSE CODE: BS 101
No. of Credits &Course Type : 5 credits
- Aimedat exposing the students to some basic notions in differential calculus.
- Students must be efficient in solving partial differentiation.
- Understand the concept of Euler’s theorem and Homogeneous functions.
- Able to solve total differentials and Taylor’s series problems.
- Students must be able to understand and find the maxima and minima of a function of two variables.
- Should be able to evaluate the volume of solids using cross sections.
- Capable to evaluate the area of surfaces of revolution.
- To be consistent in calculating the length of an arc of a curve when the equations are given in parametric and polar form.
NAME OF THE COURSE: Programming in C
No. of Credits & Course Type: 5& DSC-3A
COURSE CODE: BS106
- Choose the right data representation formats based on the requirements of the problem.
- Approach the programming tasks using techniques learned and write Pseudo Code.
- Write the program on a computer, edit, debug, correct recompile and run it.
- Identify tasks in which the numerical techniques learned by the students are applicable and apply to write programs and use computer programming effectively.
- Demonstrate the understanding skills of computer programming language concepts.
- Ability to design and develop C Program’s analyses and compile the concepts of Data types, Arrays ,Pointers ,Unions, Structures and also must be use the concept of Arrays with Structures also.
NAME OF THE COURSE: MECHANICS&OSCILLATIONS
No. of Credits & Course Type: 4 CBCS
- Understand Scalar field and Vector field.
- Derive Stroke’s,Gauss and Greens theorems
- Understand Collisions under two and three dimensions and study the relation between scattering cross section and impact parameter
- Identify and apply the laws of mechanics along with the necessary mathematics for solving numerical.
- Gain knowledge on Central forces – definition and examples, Conservative nature of central force ,Conservative force as a negative gradient of potential energy,Equation of motion under central force
- Derive Kepler’s three laws,Coriolis force and its expressions
- Understand physical characteristics of SHM and obtaining solution of the oscillator using differential equation and different kinds of Oscillation