| Cultural Club
1. To extend cultural support to all the events hosted and represented by the institution in university, state, national and international platforms.
2. To host and organize most prestigious events in the institution – Bharat Ratna, Smt. M.S Subbulakshmi’s birth anniversary celebrations, State level Dance Competitions (Nacch Le’), December 31 st Cultural eve & Annual Cultural fest.
3. To organize workshops (Rhythm, Shruti-Laya, Natanam, Kala) and train students in dance, music, theatre arts & painting and crafts.
4. To provide an opportunity of participation in University Intercollegiate Competitions, NSS National & International
Cultural exchange programs.
5. To organize state level and institutional level cultural competitions to empower and encourage talents of the students.
6. To encourage students in organizing events like Fresher’s, Farewell that leaves best memories for the students while in campus.
7. To empower students by inducing event management skills and encourage them to be more creative.
1. Extra-curricular activities has wider scope to uplift the spirit of college life. Kuchipudi dance training is given to students. Carnatic Vocal classes and also instrumental music classes are introduced.
2. Inspiring personalities from cultural background can be invited for talks and chit-chat programs with students so that it draws inspiration to the youngsters.
3. In good & hard times, cultural activities can boost up the spirit of the students. Virtual mode can also bring in multiple
opportunities to explore new avenues.
4. Students to be given free hand in coming up with creative programs to be organized under cultural club. Budgets has
to be planned carefully so that coordinator can allot that budget comfortably.
Cultural activities bring in the spirit of togetherness in all students. Cultural Club Leaders are elected by students’ in
most prestigious positions.
- Ms. NSL. Praveena, Associate Professor, DBM
- Ms. B. Shivalakshmi, Associate Professor, DBM
- Ms. M. Pranavi Babu, Associate Professor, DBM
- Convener : Ms. T. Surekha, MBA II Yr
- President : Ms. Keerthika, B.Sc III Yr
- Vice-President: Ms. Sreelekha
POPULAR EVENTS organized by Aamrapaali:
- Rishi Got Talent
- World Music Day Celebrations
- International Dance Day Celebrations
- Shruthi-Laya (Music workshop)
- Natanam (Theatre-Art workshop)
- Rhythm (Dance workshop)
- Kala (Art workshop)
- Annual Cultural Fest.
- Nacch Le’ (State-Level Dance competitions)
- Masquerate Day
- Culture & Community (Cultural Extension programs to support and benefit society)
- Osmania University Level First Place in Folk Dance (Group) Competitions & Third Place in Classical (Solo) Dance
- Competitions in 2016-2017
- Represented Osmania University at Central Zone in National level University Cultural Competitions.
- Cultural performance at prestigious Osmania University Centenary Celebrations (100 Yrs) in 2017
- Special Cultural performance at Wadhwani’s Decade Celebrations at Delhi, on Feb 24 th , 2018 on special
- Cultural performances at prestigious 71 st All India Commerce Meet organized at Osmania University in
- December 2018.
- Special Cultural performances at JNTUH NSS – India-Bangladesh Cultural Exchange program on April 1 st , 2019
- Cultural performance at NSS Golden Jubilee Celebrations on September 24 th , 2019
- 150 students’ performance at prestigious 150 th Gandhijayanthi celebrations at JNTUH on October 2 nd , 2019
- Special Cultural performance presented before Her Excellency, Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan, Honourable
- Governor of Telangana on December 18 th , 2019.
- Cultural performances at ‘National Seminar on Synergizing Higher Education in the Context of NEP-2020:
- Strategies for Implementation’ on December 22 nd , 2021 at Osmania University.
- Cultural Workshops raise funds that support a noble cause for society. In 2020, we donated rice bags for
- ‘Anariki Aarogyam Foundation’
Cultural Club Coordinator Profile:
Ms. NSL. Praveena, an Alumni of Rishi was an elected member of Cultural club during 2000-2005 heading positions – Secretary, Vice-President, President & Convener.
- She is Disciple of Kuchipudi Guru Dr. Vedantam Ramalinga Sastry.
- Gold Medalist – MA (Kuchipudi), Potti-Sreeramulu Telugu University (2008 – 2010)
- Distinction in Diploma – Yakshaganam, PSTU
- Distinction in Certificate – Kuchipudi Dance, PSTU
- Distinction in Certificate – Carnatic Vocal, PSTU
- Choreographer (Dance Director) at Telugu Film Industry, Union member of Telugu Film & TV
- Dancers & Dance Directors Association (TFTDDA)
Awards & Recognitions:
- Gunnniess World Record recipient for being a part of 332 artists performing at Mahabrinda Natyam hosted in June
- 2008 at Sanfransisco, USA
- Recipient of ‘ART 4 PEACE’ International Award from Cultural Association Berkley Hills, USA
- Recipient of ‘UTTHAMA ADHYAPIKA AWARD’ (Best Teacher Award) by Bharath Education Excellence Awards on
- September 4 th , 2021
- Recipient of ‘NATYA BALA’ Title in 1988
PERFORMANCES & CREATIVE WORKS:
- Performed at prestigious cultural events organized in USA, Dubai, Abudhabi
- Gave more than 2000 performances across India.
- Performed in ‘BIGG BOSS – 4’ Dasara Special Episode on October 10 th , 2021 and in STAR MAA Logo Launch in ‘BIGG
- BOSS – 3’ on September 6 th , 2020.
- Choreography Assistant to Mr. Prem Rakshit (Choreographer) for “Kanna Nidurinchara” Song from BAAHUBALI 2. First credits on Silver Screen as choreographer for ‘Aha naaa Pellanta’ recreation for Keerthy Suresh in MAHANATI movie.
- Conceptualized & Choreographed a Kuchipudi dance ballet on Sri Shirdi Sai Baba in the name of “Sri Sadgurum
- Sainaatham” performed in Hyderabad. Also performed the same in Sharjah, Dubai & Abudhabi in 2014.
- Trained under Bollywood Choreographer, Saroj Khan ji.
- Performed in California, USA in 2008 as Draupadhi in “Narthanasala” dance ballet.
- Choreographed trained foreign students of Osmania University in Telangana Folk Dance performance at OU Centenary Celebration during 2017 &2018.
- Was appreciated for performing roles in dance ballets written and choreographed by my guru Dr. Vedantam Rama
- Linga sastry, ”Draupadhi” in Narthanasala, “Brihannala” in Narthanasala, “Parvathi” in Vinayaka chavithi, “Leelavathi” in Prahlada Pattabhishekam Yakshaganam, “Lakshmi” in Vedoddharanam,
- Was blessed by Kuchipudi Dance Mastero “Guru Dr. Vempati China Satyam”, Kala Tapasvi Dr. K. Viswanath, Dr. S. P. Balasubramaniam, Veturi Sunderarammurthy, ANR, Manju Bhargavi, Vyjayanthi Kashi, Sekhar Kammula, Krish (Radha Krishna), Saroj Khan, Suchitra Chadrabose, Prem Rakshit, Ashwini dutt, Swapna Dutt, Tammareddy Bharadwaja, Koti, Ramana Gogula.
- Did Playback in a movie “GOLA GOLA”, solo song – “Naalone lenuga..”
- In 2006 summer, trained orphans of Radhakrishna home, Nanalnagar, St. Theresa’s, Erragadda, All Christ Children, Gacchibowli made them perform in a stage show “BLISS”.
- Trained Blind children of “Devnar school for Blind’, Begumpet in dance that was performed in annual day.
- Trained Thalassemia Effected children in dance and was performed at Satya Sai Auditorium, Srinagar Colony.
- Trained NSS Volunteers for various cultural shows.
- Cultural programs – choreography and training given to employees of Huyndai, Novotel, Air Liquide
- Was invited by Mahaa News for Live Talk and Live Dance performance during COIVD-19 on April 18 th , 20